Poultry production / Production of eggs and egg products / Transportation of live animals / Trade of ingredients / Refrigeration and thawing of meat products
Refrigeration and thawing of meat productsTips on refrigeration of meat products:
• Wrap unpacked poultry products in new foil at home;
• Put meat products in the refrigerator immediately;
• The ideal temperature to store poultry products is between 0 and 4˚C;
• Never store unpacked poultry products in contact with other types of meat products;
• Never save poultry products longer than the “sell by date”
Tips on thawing of frozen meat products:
• Take poultry products out of a freezer and let it defrost in the refrigerator;
• Never defrost meat products at room temperature!
• Defrost in a bowl or large plate, preventing ice water to spill in the refrigerator;
• Dry the poultry product with some paper to prevent spatter when roasting.